Are you a cost accountant with a passion for driving efficiencies? Do you like to work closely with operations to get a deeper understanding of the manufacturing process? Are your analytical skills better than everyone else? If so, we want to talk to you about your next role as a senior cost accountant!
KEY ACCOUNTABILITY / OUTCOMES
- Participate in the monthly fiscal accounting closing process – prepare and enter journal entries and prepare and distribute reconciliations.
- Perform required system maintenance to set-up new raw material, WIP and finished goods.
- Prepare process order variance reports to ensure accurate process order variance reporting.
- Prepare monthly gross margin reports for management.
- Assist in the annual update of standard costs.
- Prepare timely and pertinent cost variance reports and make recommendations or take action on items as needed.
- Partner with operational management to improve controls, accuracy and quality of manufacturing costs and resolve extraordinary variances.
- Analyze and report on inventory variances of raw materials and finished goods.
- Prepare accurate cost estimates for new and/or existing products on request.
- Contribute pertinent cost analysis associated with the annual budgeting process.
- Assist in the preparation of audit schedules and support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- A minimum of 3 years Senior level cost accounting experience is required.
- Manufacturing industry experience preferred.
- Knowledge of GAAP and ethical standards associated with confidential and fiduciary responsibilities
- Previous experience using SAP financial software a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills. (verbal and written)
- Strong PC skills, proficiency with Windows, MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)