DIRECTOR/VP OF TAX (Title will be based on experience)
Orange County based Real Estate Investment Firm
Why is this a great company?:
- Rapidly expanding through organic growth and acquisitions
- Market leader in its space
- Strong Accounting & Finance Team with many Ex-Big 4 and National Firm CPAs
- Manage relationship with third-party service providers (Big 4) and develop engagement budget and timeline.
- Directly oversee one Tax Manager.
- Work with Accountants to ensure timely completion of their tax deliverables.
- Liaison with operating management on tax issues and accounting staff on tax accounting issues.
- Work with outside counsel to prepare documentation of preferred structuring recommendations for transactions (ex: acquisitions, joint ventures).
- Demonstrates knowledge of industry trends.
- Identify tax issues and conflicts and proactively communicates solutions to management.
- Prepare analysis of income tax accounting impact of transactions.
- Coordinate with tax advisors to ensure proper accounting of transactions.
- Responsible for oversight of the timely completion of federal and state income tax returns including all related analysis and support, including all required tax payments.
- Reconciliation and validation of tax adjustments to GAAP books
- Ensure the compliance of all REITs in the portfolio.
- Approximately 10-20 years of hands-on income tax experience in a corporate environment or public accounting firm
- Minimum of 7 years of Big 4 tax experience in real estate, private equity, investment partnership, or fund-of-fund
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Tax or Accounting
- CPA certification preferred
- Experience covering complex tax issues in a real-time environment
- Significant tax compliance and ASC740 experience
- Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and Excel required.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and written and oral communication skills
- Strong managerial skills, with a hands-on approach
- Superior work ethic with high level of accountability
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Easily able to shift focus and priorities dependent upon company needs