LOGIC CONSULTING GROUP is a full-service recruitment and executive search firm providing strategic, and flexible staffing solutions for employers and job seekers. At LOGIC, our focus and commitment are simple. To offer the best effective solutions, career guidance and insight to educate and empower those around us. We source and hire top talent on a direct hire, project & contingency basis within the disciplines of Finance and Accounting, Internal Audit, Technology, Human Resources, and Administration. Whether you are a talented professional or a company seeking a talented professional, we welcome the opportunity to work with you!
CLIENT PARTNER PROFILE:
LOGIC has partnered with a well-established real estate investment company in Irvine, CA.
Senior Tax Accountant
Full Time / Direct Hire
: Irvine, CA
The Senior Tax Accountant will work directly with the Tax Director and ensure accurate and timely tax compliance with international, federal, state, and local tax authorities, and, if necessary, assist with SEC reporting as it relates to tax matters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the federal, international, state, and local tax return compliance process, including preparation of supporting schedules (i.e. tax depreciation schedules and state apportionment).
- Assist with the quarterly close process for the real estate investment company and affiliate partnerships (including real estate investment company compliance testing, federal and state tax accruals, provisions, and earnings and profits calculations).
- Prepare quarterly estimated tax calculations and making quarterly tax payments
- Maintain awareness of and advise on pending tax accounting pronouncements and applicable regulations.
- Work with external Big 4 CPA firm and other tax professionals to research and resolve tax issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or related area of study
- Knowledge of GAAP and tax reporting (CPA is a plus)
- 2-4 years of tax accounting experience
- Partnership tax experience is a plus
- Previous experience in corporate tax department is a plus
- Experience conducting tax research