LOGIC CONSULTING GROUP is a full-service recruitment and executive search firm providing strategic, and flexible staffing solutions for employers and job seekers. At LOGIC, our focus is simple. To offer the best effective solutions, career guidance and additional insights to educate and empower those around us. We source and hire top talent on a direct hire, project & contingency basis within the disciplines Finance and Accounting, Human Resources, and Administration. Whether you are a talented professional or a company looking for a talented professional, we welcome the chance to work with you!
CLIENT PARTNER PROFILE:
Our client is a growing public company with over $1B in revenues seeking an experienced Senior Internal Auditor
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits!
Senior Internal Auditor
Full Time / Direct Hire
: Mission Viejo, CA
You will be responsible for evaluating and reporting the effectiveness of the internal control structure, compliance with company policies and procedures and industry requirements through internal audit reviews and Sarbanes-Oxley testing. This position will actively contribute as a member of a team of compliance, financial and IT auditors conducting independent audit and risk oversight activities worldwide.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct on-site independent evaluation of financial and compliance control processes worldwide to ensure risks are properly managed
Factors for Success:
- Review and evaluate compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 to establish and maintain a system of internal controls that provide reasonable assurance regarding the reliability of the company’s financial reporting
- Develop audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and test objectives
- Ensure key controls identified in the narratives/flowcharts agree with control matrices and test plans
- Review evidence with a level of professional skepticism ensuring audit conclusions are based on a complete understanding of the process, circumstances, and risk and are well-documented
- Identify issues and present the results of audits or control testing to the respective business process owners, including recommendations to address risks related to identified control deficiencies, and coordinate the timely remediation of these
- May be asked to review the work performed by other internal audit personnel, including resources from the co-sourcing firm
- Research and stay current on new technical literature applicable to the internal control process (e.g., PCAOB guidance, SEC, etc.), emerging trends and best practices.
At LOGIC CONSULTING GROUP, we believe in investing in partnerships to build long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with our clients and candidates. We strive to thoroughly understand each client’s specific requirements and corporate culture. Logic has been recognized as the staffing firm to trust for the highest level of respect, professional service and quality. If you are seeking an effective solution to a staffing challenge, or knowledgeable professionals to assist you in locating the right opportunity to advance your career.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in public accounting and/or internal audit
- Public accounting experience preferred
- US Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) Certifications a plus
- ACL and SQL knowledge experience a plus
- Experience with an ERP accounting system a strong plus, Oracle preferred
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and technical aspects of accounting and financial reporting
- Strong knowledge and experience with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and design, execution and review of testing of internal controls over financial reporting, general computer and application controls, entity level and fraud controls
- Strong knowledge and experience with planning, leading, executing, reviewing and reporting on financial, operational and systems audits of regional production, finance and overhead functions, corporate accounting and reporting and overhead functions, and compliance with company policy and procedure and other regulatory requirements
- Familiarity with internal audit standards and audit practices
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook